[slinkelist] Some remotes work, others don't with IR RX/TX

Brian Kush bkush@us.oracle.com
Sun, 05 Dec 1999 14:59:32 -0500

--------------8F027392F9D153D21EC30A6F

I have the s-link box with a receiver connected to one port of the
expansion board and a transmitter connected to the other end.  If I use
my sony remote, I can control the receiver volume up and down with no
problem.  I also have a Pansonic remote that will control the TV and the
receiver.  When emulating the sony remote the volume up and down buttons
work, but I cannot get it to control the Panasonic TV or a RCA dish at
all.  I have two theories but I cannot prove either of them out:

1 - The Panasonic and RCA remotes are doing something different that the
s-link will not handle as configured.

2 - I need to load some device files for the other remotes.

In the case of #1, are there settings that I need to change in the
s-link setup to handle different remotes?  I did change the two that the
instructions recommend.

For case #2, I tried to load additional drivers and cannot get them to
work.  I created a simple driver file with the EZ Learn program and was
able to make it work with the 'try' button.  After I saved the file and
went into CDJ I was able to add it and labeled it 'sony'.  I ran into a
problem here where the setup box for the driver would not let me select
the s-link.  All it would do is pop up what appeared to be the list of
numbers, but they were all blank.  Anyway I went to an older version and
was able to get it set up.  The problem now is when in CDJ I give it the
command 'sony:up' I get an error telling me that "sony refers to a
slink-e that does not exist".  So I checked the slink-e number that the
'cdjr' is associated with and it is 1 just like I set the device file
to.

After reading the instructions everything seems to logical fall into
place, but there must be something I am overlooking.

Thank

--bk

--------------8F027392F9D153D21EC30A6F

begin:vcard
n:Kush;Brian
tel;fax:801.340.8637
tel;work:412.269.3518
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:spg.us.oracle.com/~bkush
org:Oracle Consulting;System Performance Group
version:2.1
email;internet:bkush@us.oracle.com
title:Practice Director
adr;quoted-printable:;;Suite 400=0D=0A500 Cherrington Parkway=0D=0A;Coraopolis;PA;15108;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;16048
fn:Brian Kush
end:vcard

--------------8F027392F9D153D21EC30A6F--