[slinkelist] Problem with FireCracker from within CDJ

Brian Walker curlybrian@yahoo.com
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:27:17 -0800 (PST)

I can't seem to get CDJ to send commands to my
Firecracker X-10 transmitter (hey, for 6 bucks from
their web site, why not try it?).  I can use the
Firecracker software and it works fine.  Slinke-Server
sees the X-10 device on COM3 (Slink-e is on COM 1).  I
have added the CM11a device to CDJ.  I am not loading
the firecracker software at the same time.  I am using
the latest version of CDJ on Windows 95.

When I type CM11a:OFF[H1] in the send line of the
command(debug? whatever) window of CDJ it doesn't show
the command in the log and the appliance does not turn
off.  In fact if I type CM11a: with any text
following, it behaves with the same deaf reaction.
Other CDJ commands seem to work OK in this fashion.

I know other people are using X-10 so I must be
missing something simple.  Any suggestions?