[slinkelist] Naive Question for Colby

keith alexander alexanders@rocketmail.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:31:48 -0800 (PST)

I am an extremely cheap fellow, but I want to use
multiple changers with optical output, but cannot
justify your new mixer (cool as it may be).  I was on
a long drive yesterday, and I had a thought (probably
not a good one, but here goes:
Could you create 1-emitter/n-detector(s) for the
slinke to plug into the TX RX ports that were not IR,
but the frequency for digital/toslink, not to use as a
mixer, but just a digital switcher.  I know nothing
about the details (perhaps the data rate is too high
for slinke)  If not, I assume this would be a cool
(relatively cheap) addition to the nirvis bag of
tricks.

If this is babble, don't mind me, I'm a software guy,
so I always assume data streams are data streams.

Thanks for a great product.

BTW has anyone built Colby's budget analog mixer?  How
bad are the audio results?

Keith Alexander
alexanders@rocketmail.com

=====