[slinkelist] RF remote mouse

Jonathan Scott Jscott@constellar.com
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:46:50 -0800

I'm getting confused - when I went to school, NTSC only included about
500-odd scan lines. How then can it display any better vertical resolution
than this?

Thanks

Jonathan.

-----Original Message-----
From: skurzet [mailto:skurzet@uswest.net]
Sent: 16 December 1999 13:45
To: Tom Hammond-Doel
Cc: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: Re: [slinkelist] RF remote mouse

An honest 5 MHz video bandwidth TV should do a good job with a 1024X768 scan
conversion to NTSC particularly when feeding demodulated video into the line
input rather than going through the tuner.  The converter and quality of the
2.4GHz modulator are another matter.  Newer video cards like the ATI convert
a max of 800X600  and that may not show sufficient detail.  I like to run my
Windows at 1280X1024, large font, so I can have a lot of info on screen
without so much scrolling, but a converter to handle that would be a budget
buster.

Anyhow, I only need to go about 15 feet and one wall, so the RF link ought
to be pretty tight.  Based on the replies I have seen so far, I,m leaning
hard toward the IR keyboard (with integral mouse) rather than just the RF
mouse.  Also, I think that I will use the 300MHz band IR extender for the
keyboard and use the 2.4 GHz to feed the PC video/audio to the TV.

Stan