[slinkelist] Xantech - slinke connecting ? and X10 beginner help

Knight, Vann M vann.m.knight@boeing.com
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:02:25 -0600

Folks,

I've had my slink-e for about 6 months now and love it. I have my audio gear
tucked away in my basement. I have a Xantech multiple channel pre-amp and
amps, I have Xantech IR receivers in each room (and emitters in the basement
to route IR signals to the Xantech and other audio devices). Up to now I
have been using the slink-e just to control my Sony 300 CD juke box with the
very nice CDJ software. I use a Pronto remote to control the rest of my
system including the Sony CD jukebox (when I'm not using the CDJ to play a
play-list). I've noticed that since I don't have a feed from the IR bus to
slink-e that when I am controlling the Sony jukebox with CDJ, my IR commands
to the Sony with a remote don't always "take".

My question(s):

1) I think I should be able to feed the IR signal (collected and routed by
my Xantech system) to the slink-e (and thus have some control over the CDJ
software). How do I bridge the IR signal from my Xantech IR bus to my
slink-e? I considered simply taping IR emitter to IR receiver, but there
must be a better way.

2) I recently purchased some X-10 "stuff" including the CM11a... How do I
set up control of X-10 devices thru the slink-e? I've browsed the help (so
please no RTFM flames) and it looks like there is support in the slink-e
device and slink-e server to route signals to the X-10 devices but how does
one originate a signal to send to an X-10 device? I've added the CM11a
device file, and slink-e server can "see" the CM11a. But is there a macro
capability in either the CDJ or slink-e server software? What I've read up
to now in the help indicates to me that there is an ActiveX open interface
implemented, but I've yet found an application which uses this interface...
am I way out in left field here ?

thanks for any help,

Vann

- Vann Knight