[slinkelist] Fwd: Re: DVP-CX850D : DVD (KMM58754C0KM)

Paul Chambers paulc@flashpnt.com
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 14:59:32 -0700

Perhaps if we asked the question a different way. I can think of two
approaches that might yield more useful information:

a) "can the DVP-CX850D operate as a slave to another changer with
mega-control, or can one DVP-CX850D control a second DVP-CX850D as a
slave unit?"

That should establish whether it's send-only (i.e. master only) or able
to receive commands, too (operate as a slave). If it's the latter, some
degree of control from Slink-e should be possible.

b) "is the DVP-CX850D compatible with the two-way IR remote & IA-10 IR
transceiver that came with the CDP-CX260 and CDP-CX88ES CD
Megachangers?"

The IA-10 is that box that seems to bridge the two-way IR protocol to
Control-A1, to provide the title information on the two-way remote. If
that works, Slink-e should, too.

I wish Sony would improve in providing product information to their
customers, both before and after the sale. Frankly, they suck at it. The
website is just a tease, and calling them is an exercise in frustration.
For large purchases, I'll often have to resort to ordering the user's
guide and service manual to get the info I'm looking for. The user's
guide should be enough, but we've all seen Sony's user's guides...

Paul