[slinkelist] Stupid question

David Aue aue@nirvis.com
Fri, 08 Oct 1999 12:10:36 -0700

At 10:00 AM 10/8/99 , you wrote:
>How do I brng up details on a track? (To change preferences, mark tracks as
>"Never Play", etc)
In the Music Info pane you can get at the Image/Lyrics/Notes and Details
for albums or tracks.  Select the track you are interested in and then look
in the Details pane.  If you don't see the Music Info pane you can turn it
on from the View menu.

>Second, someone showed me how to open up .mdb files in access, excel, etc...
>But is there a way to turn these files into plain-text documents?  Barring
>that, is there some way the artist can be listed in the tracks database?
>If the artist is defined in the disk, but not the track, it doesn't show up)
Once you're in Access you can make reports or save the tables as CSV
files.  Excel can also save in several plain text formats.  look at the
options under Save As in both programs.  A blank artist in the tracks
database means that the album artist applies.  This way if you change the
artist for the disc it changes properly for the tracks too.

David Aue
Nirvis Systems