[slinkelist] slinke

Lee Hart HLeeHart@WinISP.Net
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 11:27:06 -0700

Maybe. My preference would be a USB Slink-E. That could also eliminate the
power supply and PCI slots are at a premium in my machines. I'd also like to
have a Slink-E merged with the upcoming DXS so I could have full digital
from all sources (CD changers and even most internal CD drives have SPDIF
outputs).

There are some newer computers that are little more than a LCD
monitor/computer and a keyboard; this setup could integrate well into many
home setups on an end table.

Lee
My opinions are my own

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]  On
Behalf Of Jeffrey J. Borghoff
Sent:	Saturday, October 09, 1999 8:47 AM
To:	Frank@oaklands.ndirect.co.uk
Cc:	slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject:	RE: [slinkelist] slinke

Great idea, I'd buy that!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Frank R Fattori
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 1999 11:23 AM
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: [slinkelist] slinke

I wonder if Colby has/is considering making another version of
Slinke?  i.e. an internal to the PC card eg PCI or ISA?

I want to add a small "desktop" PC to my domestic sound system,
usingn the TV for the monitor etc, and use this for CDJ etc;

It would be cool if I could replace my serial interfaced Slinke
module with an internal PCI card....

It would eliminate the seperate power supply, free up the serial
port, and the internal slinke could even be elaborated upon to
feature for example, an audio source selection multiplexer.
eg, external CD, internal CD/Internal sound card

Any plans in that direction?

Thanks for a great product and software!