[slinkelist] Duplicate Disk ID Problem

Rein whoami@zeelandnet.nl
Sat, 09 Oct 1999 21:00:30 +0200

Jeff Schaffer wrote:

> PS: By the way, couldn't CDJ extend coverage to the CD-ROM drive in the PC? That way we could at least slip the CD into the drive, have CDJ look up our manually entered disk data from its database, and then upload to CDDB with the full CD descriptor information. On top of that, we could play CDs that aren't currently in the changers from the CD-ROM and still get CDJ coverage!

I think this is just about the only feature I miss in CDJ. Also I don't know if  it is possible to use my locally stored version of CDDB. Because during the first 6 months or so of this year I used various CDDB cd players to catalog my collection. One of these players (Full CD) has the abilty to save to local CDDB, and many of the CDDB cd players do have the possibility to use
locally stored CDDB. Because I still use a dial-up connection to connect to the internet minimizing online time would be nice.