[slinkelist] TitleTrack, anyone?

Mitchell S. Cohen mcohen@msystems.com
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 21:39:47 -0400

I use TTJ.  It's pretty good.  I haven't looked at CDJ in quite a while,
but TTJ certainly lacks many of CDJ's features.  Most importantly (to me)
is lack of support for anything other than CD changers.  No IR support
either.

The interface is decent, and most functions are AppleScriptable.  I run
it on my home automation server (currently an old IIci) which sits in my
stereo rack, and I've written a OneClick palette which controls it from
my regular office Mac.

It does an odd job of sorting by artist (I have no idea how that compares
with CDJ), and occasionally chops up names as they come in from CDDB.  It
is easy to edit the names afterwards.

Dick (the author) is very responsive, and has promised to add support for
other devices.

...Mitch

At 10/17/99 4:01 PM, adam@studioNebula.com (Adam Schabtach) wrote:

>Is there anyone on this list using TitleTrack Jukebox, the Macintosh
>software for the Slink-e? I'm somewhat discontented with CDJ, and
>since I mostly use Macintoshes, I'm interested in TitleTrack.
>However, I'd like to hear some user opinions about it before I shell
>out the somewhat hefty purchase price.

---
      Mitchell S. Cohen, Multimedia Systems Consulting
        mcohen@msystems.com, http://www.msystems.com
  Home Automation page at http://www.msystems.com/homeauto/