[slinkelist] multi room and multi zone

Marc Parker parkdog@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 09:06:28 -0500

Dave,

The system I'm working on is as follows:

6 - Sony 200 Disk Changers
1 - Sony 935 Receiver
1 - Slink-E
1 - DXS :))) (coming soon?)

An output of the receiver goes to a series of Amps by Sonance. Each of these
units drive 3 sets of speakers (120 w each). The line level signal is daisy
chained from one amp to the next (3x3=9 pr speakers). They also have an
auot-on feature which detects incoming signal and switches the units on.

To remotely/locally control volume, each amplified signal is fed into a
Xantech RAT1 unit and a separate low voltage wire goes to a Xantech IR/local
controlled wall unit "knob". This way you can adjust vol either locally or
with IR signal.

Everything is in a special Audio "closet" on our lower level. I use a
Stargate as a home control unit and IR controller. Haven't yet tackled the
Slkink-E IR functions.

The furthest run from the RAT1 to a speaker pair is about 110 feet.

Sonance also makes a unit that will take a line signal and pass it over Cat5
wire and then reconstitute it on the other end back to line level. I haven't
used this but it might provide a solution if your equip was a distance from
some of your speakers/amps.

That's how I'm approaching it.

Parker