[slinkelist] Question about DCOM

Tom Hammond-Doel tom.hammond-doel@vixel.com
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:38:00 -0700

--------------73B6F5332B7118028E437229

Sorry, you need an NT Server to run user level access.  95/98 comes with
dcomcnfg, but only so they can be seen by an NT server

Simon Mason wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  What do you mean by the domain?  I was not aware I
> was using a domain on my local network, at least I don't think I configured
> one anywhere.  Also, whenever I try to configure based upon a user it says
> no user list is available.  The help files seem to point to the lack of NT
> server as the issue here.  One last thing, how do you load the DCOM on the
> machines in the start-up, I can't find any executables that I could run?

begin:vcard
n:Hammond-Doel;Tom
tel;fax:(425) 806-4050
tel;work:(425) 806-4029
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Vixel Corporation
adr:;;11911 Northcreek Parkway S.;Bothell;WA;98011;
version:2.1
email;internet:tom.hammond-doel@vixel.com
title:Sr. Firmware Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;352