[slinkelist] Missing Discs

Mike Kropp mkropp@cathouse.mv.com
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 08:44:41 -0400

We regularly remove and replace discs from our two changers.  Because CDJ
doesn't automatically reupload the memo text, and group information to the
player, we put them back in the slots they came out of.  The trouble is that
CDJ doesn't make it easy to do that.  Once it discovers that a disc is
missing, it sets the player and disc fields of the database to -1.  It would
be nice if it retained that information and indicated the missing disc some
other way ("Location Valid" field maybe?).  I would have suggested negative
player and disc numbers but the player is 0-based.

Anyway, a real nice feature would be to get a list of missing discs and what
slots they're supposed to be in.  I was going to do a query within Access
for this but couldn't figure a good way to do that.

Any other ideas how to solve this?