[slinkelist] Missing Discs

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman@relax.com
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:45:18 -0500

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:29:34 -0700, "Brian L Hunt" <bhunt01@ibm.net> said:

> Just to ask the obvious, why do you care which slots they were in? That's
> the beauty of CDJ. You can get it to search all the slots that are empty as
> far as it is concerned. So put the CDs in any empty slot and tell it to
> search. Yes it does get a bit out of sync with a lot of swapping. So once in
> a while tell it to search every slot and take the wife out to dinner while
> it does it.

The only problem with going out to dinner (a technique that I have
tried) is that when get back I've gotten that "this disk's times don't
match up, delete this disc and try again" error & it hangs until you
press return.  When that happens at disk 100 of (only) 400, it's
rather a drag.

The other problem is that the "upload disk titles" feature doesn't
seem to clear out the disk titles for disks that have been removed, so
if you're not using CDJ, then the player has the wrong information
showing.

--
Jay Pfaffman                           pfaffman@relax.com
+1-615-343-1720 (office)               +1-615-460-9299 (home)