[slinkelist] Homade CD's and CDJ

Keith keith.chandler@bigfoot.com
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:54:05 -0500

    This isn't actually CD text.  This is info written to your hard drive
after the CD is finished burning.  All CDJ does, is read the disc ID in the
changer, then read the CD info off your hard drive.

    Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 now decodes MP3's on the fly as it writes also,
but I found a plugin for Winamp called DFX, which restores FIDELITY to those
slightly muffled MP3 files, and can also save .wav files with the restored
fidelity and then be burned.  Granted, an extra step, but you have to at least
download the plugin for winamp and give it a try, it has a demo button on the
interface which lets you activate/deactivate the processing for comparison.

I was impressed with the sound quality improvement, you can find the plugin
for winamp at www.winamp.com under the DSP plug-ins area.

Keith