[slinkelist] Database Conversion Problem

Tang, George gtang@gtcons.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:45:30 -0700

Make sure you have the same number of rows in the new database and the new
database rows are all in the same sort order (in Access) as the old database
when you "Edit/Cut" the Notes column.  Otherwise, you'll end up with the
wrong lyrics for each track.

George Tang

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of David Aue
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 1999 12:15 AM
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: Re: [slinkelist] Database Conversion Problem

The old database didn't have an explicit lyrics field, just a notes field,
so lyrics stored in the old notes field are transferred into the notes
field of the new database format.

Back up you user.mdb database before doing this!!

Open the user.mdb file in Access then open up the 'Tracks' table and select
the 'Notes' column by clicking on 'Notes' along the top of the window.  You
will have to scroll horizontally to find the 'Notes' field.  Once the
column is selected use 'Edit/Cut' to cut this info to the clipboard.  Now
select the 'Lyrics' column the same way you selected the notes column and
use 'Edit/Paste' to put the info into the lyrics fields.  If you have any
Lyrics associated with whole albums you will need to do this same procedure
in the 'Albums' table too.

David Aue
Nirvis Systems