[slinkelist] Using the ActiveX Control

rbrocaw rbrocaw@flash.net
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 16:44:03 -0600

Many thank to Colby, who has provided the information to get me going
with the
Slinke ActiveX control.  So far I have written a small program in Visual
Basic that
allows me to do the basic functions of my Sony CDP-CX300 changer.

There is just one piece left to my puzzle... how to get the responses
from the player.
I am using the CDSLS.CDE file which has the commands to the player, but
if I use
that device file, I don't get most of the responses back from the
player.  If I use the
CDSLR.CDE device file, I get the reponses, but I lose control.
Apparently, there
can be only one device file per Slinke port, but I won't have enough
ports to
dedicate two to the player, and I'm not sure that would work anyway.  I
have
tried to concatenate the two files, and that allows some commands and
some

There must be some way to get both the commands and the responses into
the same
device file.  HELP!

Richard Brocaw
rbrocaw@flash.net