[slinkelist] Someone working on another "Covers" program?

keith alexander alexanders@rocketmail.com
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:39:52 -0700 (PDT)

I may get slammed for this, but cool as automation is,
it is most useful for repetitive tasks.  Maybe I just
have a small collection (~200cds)  but by putting up
the window from 2 good cover sources, a covers folder,
and CDJ, you just drag from the source to the folder,
then the folder to cdj.  Doing my complete collection
took about an hour, and it had a 95% success rate.
Sometimes the hammer is the best tool.....

KJA

--- William Hollingworth <will@airmail.net> wrote:
> A couple of weeks ago I seem to remember someone
> mentioning that they were
> working on a "Covers" clone type program, but were
> stuck with the Access
> database format.
>
> I've tried using the latest covers program but found
> it "flakey" to say the
> least (quits after a while with an error -5xx). I
> was thinking of writing
> an app myself to use the muze site instead, but
> wanted to know if anyone
> else was working on a similar app also?
>
> Also if anyone has any pointers to accessing the CDJ
> database from within
> VC++, they would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Will