[slinkelist] Re: Missing Discs

RJT4RE@aol.com RJT4RE@aol.com
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 15:10:21 EDT

In a message dated 10/28/99 9:27:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com writes:

> Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 18:34:21 -0500
>  From: Tony Golden <MrGolden@swbell.net>
>  Subject: Re: [slinkelist] RE: Missing Discs
>  To: Slink-e Users List <slinkelist@nirvis.com>
>
>  There should be a way for Slinke/CDJ to send data to the PHAST system,
which
>  could in turn be displayed on the keypads.

PHAST is what one would call a "closed architecture".  There's no one getting
through their door without them having a software/hardware hand in it!  I
actually had to link CDJ/PHAST through the IR interface that PHAST supports.
CDJ sends commands to the PHAST A/V software by looking like a PHAST IR
remote which is totally programmable within the PHAST software.  Likewise,
PHAST sends commands to CDJ by emulating a SONY Changer IR that triggers
events.  Mean while PHAST has all the changers defined with all the CD info
loaded in it to enable the LCD keypad display. Not the way I would have
chosen, but it does work.  It would have been nice if PHAST would have
allowed for some type of appl-appl communication, I could have then dedicated
another 6 months trying to get it working as advertised (from a PHAST
perspective).

Rich