[slinkelist] Cannot sort in playlist grid

Jonathan Scott Jscott@constellar.com
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 12:45:14 -0700

The issue here is not with wanting to play the playlist in column order - I
agree that it would be a bit odd to want to do that. I would like to be able
to sort the view to make it easier to review the playlist, particularly to
remove unintended duplicates.

Thanks

Jonathan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Colby Boles [mailto:cboles@nirvis.com]
Sent: 09 September 1999 12:18
To: Jonathan Scott; 'slinkelist@nirvis.com'
Subject: Re: [slinkelist] Cannot sort in playlist grid

this has come up a number of times. the playlist is not sortable. the way
the data is modeled now, if you did sort the playlist, it would no longer
play the items in order, which would be very confusing. our sort feature
sorts the view you are looking at, not the underlying data. in the playlist
case, I think you would need to sort the underlying data so that it plays
in that order. personally, I'm not sure why you would ever play songs in
alphabetical order or in order of playing time, etc.

Colby

At 12:14 PM 9/9/99 -0700, Jonathan Scott wrote:
>The main grid sorts fine, but the playlist grid will not sort. Right
>clicking gives the normal sorting options, but when selected nothing
>happens.
>This behaviour occurs in the latest (8/25) version.
>
>Is this a known issue?
>
>Jonathan Scott
>Senior Engineer
>Constellar Corp.