[slinkelist] Dead Slink-e--please help!

Adam Schabtach nebulous@earthlink.net
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 14:00:37 -0600

It worked yesterday; it doesn't work today.

CDJ can't find the Slink-e. My Slink-e's status light stays a steady
orange when a cable is plugged into any of its S-Link ports. The
other end of the cable is plugged into a CDP-CX300, although
disconnecting the cable from the CD player doesn't change the state
of the LED. I've cycled power several times; no help. The LED also
stays orange if I disconnect the RS-232 cable, cycle power, and
connect the S-Link cable.

The Slink-e Function Test reports that the Slink-e passes the S-Link
Loop Test. As soon as I plug the cable back into the port, the LED
turns from green to orange and stays that way.

I am using the same cables that came with the Slink-e. I've been
using this system for a couple of months. Everything's the same as it
was when I last used the system yesterday evening, except that today
it's dead.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
--Adam
Adam Schabtach                      nebulous@earthlink.net
see me: http://home.earthlink.net/~nebulous/adamcam/

"In this white wave, in this silence, I believe."
		--Sarah McLachlan