[slinkelist] library 'wiped out'; how?

John Shankland jns@interaccess.com
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 11:48:01 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01BF01CB.A8BE5CE0

    but, last night, for reasons i can't fathom, i shut the system down and
found upon booting this a.m. that the master library 'lost' all disc slot
numbers!  i needed to do a complete search on 'empty' slots in order to
recreate it.

    I have had this happen many times.  I believe it is related to the
player and not slink-e or a sync problem by slink-e and the player.  What I
have found solves the problem is shutting of the player and let it cycle
once.  (the player on starting cycles through the disks and checks for
filled slots.) I think another way to force this would be to open the door.
The player thinks the slots are empty, I see this when I try to manually
play one of the disks that slink-e dims.  The player returns a message
"empty slot".  It would be extremely helpful if there were a way to cause
the player to cycle from slink-e

    this is a great facility. i hope this behavior was an anomoly, thanks,
tom..

    I find that it is not an anomaly. I love this thing but it or at least
mine is erratic.  My problem is compounded by the fact that the computer is
on the second floor and the player is on the first.

    John

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01BF01CB.A8BE5CE0

but, last night, for reasons i can't fathom, i shut the = system down=20 and found upon booting this a.m. that the master library 'lost' all = disc=20 slot numbers!  i needed to do a complete search on 'empty' = slots in=20 order to recreate it.

I=20 have had this happen many times.  I believe it is related to = the player=20 and not slink-e or a sync problem by slink-e and the player.  = What I=20 have found solves the problem is shutting of the player and let it = cycle=20 once.  (the player on starting cycles through the disks and = checks for=20 filled slots.) I think another way to force this would be to open = the=20 door.  The player thinks the slots are empty, I see this when I = try to=20 manually play one of the disks that slink-e dims.  The player = returns a=20 message "empty slot".  It would be extremely helpful = if there=20 were a way to cause the player to cycle from slink-e =

this is a great facility. i hope this behavior was an = anomoly,=20 thanks, tom..

I find that it is not an anomaly. I love this thing but it = or at=20 least mine is erratic.  My problem is compounded by the fact = that the=20 computer is on the second floor and the player is on the=20 first.

John
<= /BODY> ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01BF01CB.A8BE5CE0--