[slinkelist] Sony CD Changers and Sony MiniDisc Recorders

Michael Moore mmoore@cao213.cao.msu.edu
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:07:26 -0500

Leon,

Get the 930 or 630, you need S-Link.

mike

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Leon Rees
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2000 1:22 PM
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: [slinkelist] Sony CD Changers and Sony MiniDisc Recorders

If any body can help me with the following, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I have a my Slink-E connected to two Sony CD Changers (CDP-CX260 and
CDP-CX350). These changers are then connected to my B&O system (some people
are horrified by this - I like it). I'd like to add a mini-disc recorder to
the SlinkE bus and also route the audio to my B&O system. I've looked at
Sony's 530 and 930 MD recorders.

I have two specific questions I'd like to hear people's opinions on...

1. Can I route the MD audio-out through the audio input on my second changer
as though I was daisy chaining another player? I need to do this as the B&O
system is some way from my changers/MD rack and I don't want to buy/run
another high quality cable. Also, the B&O system has only one auxilliary
input.

2. Any reasons why I shoud choose the Sony MDS530 over the MDS930? I may
have these model numbers wrong. I'm in the UK and can get the MDS530 for
£150 (~$225) and the MDS930 for £200 (~$300).

As above, any help appreciated.

Regards,

Leon