[slinkelist] Re: party GUI

keith alexander alexanders@rocketmail.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:03:54 -0800 (PST)

John, let me see if I can help you...
Unfortunately the PartyGUI depends on CDJ for its
automation interface (perhaps I will sever this link
someday but It works well for me) so CDJ must be
running but minimized.

The readme explains most of this but the basics are as
follows:
the remote file is what you would use to control
partyGUI via any remote. basically if you have a
remote that there is a CDE file for put that CDE file
in the same directory as PartyGUI.exe.  Change the ini
file to point to it.  Make sure the keys mappings in
the ini file match the names of the keys in the CDE
file.  This will give you remote control of the entire
GUI.

Hope this helps.
KJA

--- John Shankland <jns@interaccess.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded your program at your suggestion.
> I am not able to get it
> to play CD's.
>
> It does show me my play lists, artists, and titles.
> When I press the play
> key the screen changes to Loading  (album name) but
> nothing plays.
>
> I am considering buying escients product because I
> can not make CDJ behave
> properly. It is unreliable. I get those grayed disks
> and skips in the
> playlist. I am using a 20 ft shielded extension cord
> as my computer is on
> the second floor and and the music equipment is on
> the first. sorry, I know
> that this is not your problem but I wanted to let
> you know why I was
> considering changing.
>
> I like the looks of your GUI and it alone could make
> me change my mind.
>
> I used a file called common1.cde in your ini file.
> That is the only one I
> know about.
>
> Thanks
>
> John Shankland