[slinkelist] slink-e remote via LAN?

GBR gregroberts.com me@gregroberts.com
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 02:25:33 -0700

I need some help getting Slink-E/CDJ/SlinkeServ running over a LAN.
Here's my situation:

My home LAN is comprised of an NT server and 2 Win98 client machines,
all running over fast Ethernet. The NT server is in the closet with the
CD players, and has the Slink-E attached to it (which is in turn
attached to 3 Sony changers). Now, I want to remotely run CDJ on either
of the clients and talk to the server which in turn should control the
CD players. I have no problem controlling the CD players from direct
console control on the NT box, but I want to be able to do this from any
point on the LAN... I thought this was the whole point of SlinkeServ?

Please advise as to the best way to do this.

PS - the LAN is working fine. I swap files, share printers, etc... I
just can't get remote CDJ to talk to server Slinke-serv.

Any and all help would be appreciated! Thanks!
--
-Greg Roberts
 me@gregroberts.com