[slinkelist] play_dt message in Sony CDP-CX300

shivers@ai.mit.edu shivers@ai.mit.edu
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 17:27:34 -0400

I've been writing little bits of software to frob my Sony jukebox (from
Scheme). I looked in Nirvis/Device Files/Sony/cdslr.cde for the control codes.
It defines this msg to play a specific disk/track:
    01010000 dddddddd tttttttt :play_dt # play [disk id] [bcd track]
I have used this successfully, via my Slink-e box, to play cds. However,
the encoding for the dddddddd disk byte of the message is not specified.
I tried BCD and it worked. But this means that you can't play a track higher
than 99!

So, how do I address CD's above slot 99?

I haven't really found any functional jukebox software for Unix; really
a drag. I've found several under-development systems. Has anyone had any
luck?
    -Olin