[slinkelist] RE: save/compact

Nirvis Help (Colby) help@nirvis.com
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:03:44 -0700

The compact should only happen after 100 record changes have been written
during one CDJ session. I happens right after the save and has its own
progress dialog. Adding a single CD should take very little time to save.
Only if many records have changed should a save take a long time. This
happens when:

1) Converting the DB to the new CDJID format (all records have to be
changed)
2) You have a very long / nonexistent autosave interval and you have played
a lot of music. (many records have changed)

I'll keep an eye out for a problem, but I haven't seen any long saves here,
aside from my initial conversion save. If anyone else is seeing this
problem, please let me know....

Colby