[slinkelist] Track restart problem

Hoen, Dave Dave.Hoen@emulex.com
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:51:33 -0700

I'm having a very similar problem with the latest version of CDJ.  I
didn't notice this with previous versions.  (I don't recall which version
I used before this latest)  My problem doesn't sound quite as serious as
Jeff's, however.  For me, it will only restart the track once, then play
the track all the way through.  It will do this after every five tracks
or so.  Occasionally it will not restart the track, but move on to a new
track.  Did Colby build in some artificial intelligence?  It is as if it
is doing a little pre-screening of the song and if it likes it, it goes
ahead and plays it and if not, it gets tossed.  It's kind of cute. Like
Jeff, this seems to start happening after about an hour of flawless
playing, and the only way to clear it is to stop and restart CDJ.

I have two players (220 and 260 I recall), on separate s-link's.  Random
playlist.  I have my random playlist que up 20 tracks in advance (in case
I want to use Mini-Disk manager).  I've wondered if the hour delay before
failing has something to do with the playlist que, but haven't had time
to experiment.  I haven't determined if it is always happening on one
player rather than the other.

Dave Hoen