[slinkelist] Sony CDP-CX300 Digital of Analog Out?

Harris, Terry THarris@leasedirect.com
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:05:17 -0400

A little off topic - but who better to ask than a bunch of enthusiasts?
I have a Sony CDP-CX300 that I have attached to a high-end receiver (Denon
5700) via an optical digital connection. I read in Sensible Sound last night
that it is best to use the DAC in the CD player because there would be no
jitter issues (the article was about DAC separates). Thus, they seem to
recommend that you use the analog outputs. However, the Denon has those
really nice Burr-Brown DACs... Opinions?

Also, How does the DXS deal with the jitter/clocking issues? (When I get
another CD jukebox)

The information transmitted via this e-mail is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this
prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender
and delete the material from any computer.