[slinkelist] converting cd's to mp3

Michael Holopainen michael@laserle.fi
Fri, 04 Aug 2000 14:35:29 +0300

there has been talk about project to make application to do just that
but...

It the basic rule of IT world :
"those who have the skills to do it, do not have time and those who have
time..."

and then there is ones like me : who do not have time to find out find
out if they could do it. ;)

When there was talk about that project in this list, it came into
conclusion that it should be divided to different areas for people with
expertese in that area :
1. Digital Signal prosessing = capturing audio stream from soundcard.
2. compressing it to mp3.
3. interfacing with CDJ to CDDBID of currently playing CD
4. fileoperation to save the files in desired format (naming+path)
4. database operation to retrieve data of matching CDDBID
5. composing & writing ID3 tag to mp3 file

each one of these steps would be work enough for single person...
plus you'dd would need to co-ordinate between all those people.