[slinkelist] converting cd's to mp3

Thomas W. Humphrey TWHumphrey@fuse.net
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 22:49:28 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_004A_01BFFF2F.699FF660

RE: [slinkelist] converting cd's to mp3I don't know how Colby does the =
CDJ ID's but I can't imagine that it matters for MP3's since as I =
understand it the point of the ID is to have a quick reference to =
identify a disk if it moves from one slot in the changer to another, =
which of course is irrelevant for an MP3.  I would suggest you log in a =
few MP3's the old fashioned way and see what ID's they get, if any.  You =
probably can leave the field blank.

Does your existing software already search for existing information in =
the database using album and track names from the MP3 file name, and =
copy over other data fields?
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Zeke Koch=20
  To: Thomas W. Humphrey ; Francisco Antonio de Toledo ; =
Michael@laserle.fi ; caeschlimann@com4u.ch=20
  Cc: slinkelist@nirvis.com=20
  Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2000 7:41 AM
  Subject: RE: [slinkelist] converting cd's to mp3

  I already have a system that does almost all of this. I happen to be =
persisting my information in a different DB (Exchange 2000), but I could =
retrofit it to use Colby's Access MDB's if you want.  Does anyone know =
how Colby generates the new cdjids?  Does it matter at all for MP3s or =
should I just generate a random (unique) number...

  -=3DZeke=20

  -----Original Message-----=20