[slinkelist] CDJ pre-installation requirements?

Ron Tugender ron@tugender.com
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 13:01:29 -0700

I'm a long-time CDJ user, and I'm building up a new machine and readying to
install CDJ on it.  I notice that the installation instructions still ask
that I pre-install SysUpdate.exe (a .DLL updater) and ADO 2.1.  On this new
system I am running Windows 2000 Pro SP1 and Office 2000 SP1a.  From long
experience I hate like the dickens to mess with system .DLLs, since I know
this is the single biggest cause of OS instability.

SO, my question is, are either of these pre-installs needed with my software
environment, or have they been made unnecessary because the requisite CDJ
components have already been made available by the OS and Office?

Thanks,
Ron

Ron Tugender
650-969-0111