[slinkelist] New CDJ Beta Version

Colby Boles cboles@nirvis.com
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 22:48:41 -0800

Hi-

I've posted a beta version of CDJ on the site which has some improvemnts you
might find useful:

* CDDB2 Support
* Faster database loading

This version uses OLEDB instead of ADO to get improved performance. We've
tested it here and it seems to work great. As with any beta release, and
particularly this one because it has many changes to the library handling,
I'd recommend you make a backup copy of your library before using it.
Actually, it's good practice to do this every month or so anyway. In any
case, I'd appreciate it if some you would give it a try and give us some
feedback so that I can release it fairly soon.

Colby

12/6/00
Fixed problem with adding MP3s and deleting albums / tracks in the 12/4/00
version
Changed the click-to-sort feature of the columns less sensitive to mouse
movement
Database access is now done with OLE DB to make it faster loading
CDJ now uses CDDB2 for disc identification
12/4/00
Album cover retriever
CDJ reads proper date / time locale
Fix problem in DB save which can cause lyrics / notes to be duplicated into
other discs / tracks
Fixed highlight color problem in lists
Added persistence to secondary sort columns
12/1/00
No lyrics lookup for blank titles
Fix timing of cdjr:startup message
Turn orphan LF's into CRLF's when downloading lyrics or notes
Changed CDJ icon
General preparations for CDDB2 support