[slinkelist] Ramsey FM-10A and FM-25

W. John Guineau guineau@earthlink.net
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 09:58:38 -0800

Just a little tip. I have a Weller pencil type soldering iron, 40W, with a
relatively small (pointed) tip.

In order to control the temperature, I use a lamp dimmer (Lutron model
TT-300, available in many places that sell electrical stuff) which works
great. I can drop the temperature down to work on small surface mount stuff,
or crank it up to solder heavier items (connectors, ground straps etc).

hope this helps,
john