[slinkelist] communicating with an slink-e directly

Edward Seger ehseger@att.net
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 16:50:26 -0500

Folks,
    Has anyone ever built and sent commands directly to the slink-e without
using the active x or cpp code supplied?  I am trying to use the slink-e
from a DOS computer to control a few changers.  The commands in the nirvis
help don't seem to be the same that the slink-e uses.  CDJ works fine, and
when I capture the serial stream I get a very different response than what I
see in the help files.  I think I have the correct baud and settings because
I see the slink-e serial number coming back.  Here is what I send to ask for
the serial number:

FF 0B

I get nothing back

CDJ gets this response from the slink-e when it asks:

FF 86 36 EC F5 39 14 67 BC C5

The FF and 86 do not match anything in the help files.  Any ideas?

Ed Seger
"The Home Despot"                 AOL is the perfect example
Still playing DOOM!                of the consumers lack of demand
ehseger@worldnet.att.net           for quality.