[slinkelist] Multi-room Multi-zone Preamps/Amps

Tony Golden MrGolden@swbell.net
Mon, 07 Feb 2000 17:58:05 -0600

The Xantech ZPR68-10 would be my first choice.  You can find out more at
http://www.xantech.com.  You're right about it not being cheap, however IMO,
it's worth it.  Probably more than you need, though.

Another company, Vaux Electronics, makes a similar unit, that's controllable
via RS232 serial.  It's also in the same price range.

National Control Devices makes an inexpensive serial-controlled A/V
switcher, but you would need one for each zone, and that still doesn't
address volume.  Here's a link:
http://www.controlanything.com/html/asel.htm

Niles Audio and Xantech both make volume controls that respond to IR, but I
don't know of a manufacturer for a serial-controlled model.  You *could*
modify the serial switcher, or relay module, to provide volume adjustment,
but, depending on how many zones you need, it might not be too much more to
go with the ZPR68 -- and it would do a lot more.

Tony Golden