[slinkelist] X10 IR Control & SlinkX IR

Dave Houston dhouston1@fuse.net
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:34:38 -0500

X-10 can work with IR although in a rather limited way. The IR543
from X-10 is an IR to X-10 transceiver. You send IR to it and it
sends X-10 to the powerline. However, it only works with a single
housecode. You could learn the 16 IR codes from one of the X-10
remotes which can be set to send X-10 to either an RF transceiver
(e.g. RR501) or IR to the IR543.

On 18 Feb 00, at 5:17, Tang, George wrote:

> First of all, go to the Nirvis BBS and search for x10.  There are a
> lot of discussions regarding x10.  Second, X10 does not work on IR.
> It works on RF and power lines.  Therefore, you'll need a CM11a x10
> computer interface. SlinkServ can communicate with CM11a.  You'll also
> need an x10 RF receiver (or transceiver) to receive your x10 remote
> commands and transmit them through your power line to CM11a.
> SlinkServ will see the commands from CM11a and sends them to CDJ.
> With the proper device files and mappings in the maps.txt file, you
> can map x10 commands to your device IR commands which will be send to
> Slink-e's IR ports.
>
> X10 Remote -> X10 Receiver/Transceiver -> CM11a -> SlinkServ -> CDJ
> (maps.txt) -> Slink-e IR ports
>
> Hope this will get you started.
>
> George

---