[slinkelist] problems with minidiscs... *sigh*

William Hollingworth will@airmail.net
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 13:41:57 -0600

Colby

The MD needs to go into pause mode during the time the CD is searching for
the next CD, otherwise you'd get a nice long blank while the CDs are
changing. MiniDisc manager knows that if the next track is on either the
same CD, or on a CD in a different player, then it doesn't need to pause (I
haven't actually tried the latter since I don't have a DXS or second
digital source).

You are correct that the digital input will mark the tracks correctly
automatically, which is why I added the option to disable the automatic
track marking (done by sending a "REC" command over slink when the track
changes). Things may get messed up when doing tracks from different CDs
since going into REC mode from REC-PAUSE adds a track mark, as well as the
one from the digital input. However according to feedback I've had, this
doesn't actually happen.

As an aside, for Sony's MiniDisc software, they apparently require the
analog input to be used!

Will