[slinkelist] Transmitter Range

Cullen Simpson cullen@badencorp.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:13:29 -0500

Is there any way to boost the power to the transmitter?
I want to place mine about 20 feet from the stereo closet with the devices to
control. The Slink-e is in another room with about 15 feet of line running to
the closet. Then there is a splitter in the closet (I have a receiver on one
side) which connects to a line that runs about 20 feet to the other side of
the room.

I found a perfect place for the transmitter and set about testing it in that
location with all of my devices. (by the way, I am using the supplied flat
phone cord to do this testing, but will use CAT-5 for the final install).
Also, the stereo closet is one of those bi-fold type with louvers in it. I
removed the louvers from the top sections of the door and replaced them with
tinted glass.

Anyway, all of my devices work OK except the RCA DSS box. It works when I open
the closet door or when I lower the transmitter to about 5 feet up on the
wall (not a good spot for it).

So, I am looking to boost the signal a little. Or, would it help any if I took
the transmitter apart and re-oriented the leds so that they all faced forward?
Maybe even remove two of them, would that give more juice to the other three?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Cullen Simpson