[slinkelist] problems with minidiscs... *sigh*

michael mcdermott molochai@mindspring.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 00:30:49 -0500

Ok, I turned off the autorevert option and that fixed the problems with
the digital signal being dropped, I am not really sure how to adjust the
autosense mask at all

I am still having problems with about 2-3 seconds being chopped off the
beginnings of songs, I just tried ripping a playlist to an MD and it
worked fine until I started crossing over into other changers, on the MD
i have a track that is 3:24 min long and on the cd player it is 3:27 min
long, I have no clue as to how to fix this one, I was sure that my other
problem was just a config error on my part, and this may be as well.

this is what I am thinking is happening anyway (I may just be an idiot
though):

when the mdmanager program is sensing a track change it pauses the md
recorder, however cdj just keeps doing its thing and playing the next cd
in its playlist, the recorder/mdmanager catches on about 2 seconds later
that something is coming over the digital inputs and starts recording...
The only thing I can think of to do is put a 2 second delay in between
each song on the playlist, though I am not sure how to do this either.
mostly I am just exhausted and cant think straight right now...

It would be nice if everything could be controlled from within cdj

though I would love to see an in depth explanation on just what
everything on the DXS does and how to set things up for different
scenarios, the instructions and help files are complete but are pretty
sparse on examples and it looks like there is some pretty neat stuff
that the DXS can do that I didnt know about before

I still cant figure out how to configure the DXS directly from the
computer or even instructions on how to do so.

--
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?