[slinkelist] Non-DXS Solution

Tresy Kilbourne tresy@kilbourne-quirk.com
Tue, 04 Jan 2000 19:08:02 -0800

on 1/4/00 6:34 PM, Sinan Karasu at allahsiz@home.com wrote:

> This would work great for those who don't need the SPDIF inputs for anything
> else.
>
> However, in my case, I have
>
> 1 CDP-CX90ES
> 1 CDP-CX250
> 1 CDP-CX300
> 1 DVP-CX850
> 1 MD-920
> 1 DSS AD-2
> 1 DSS AD50
> 1 RME-AUDIO HAMMERFALL
> 1 LD
>
> All competing for the 5 spdif inputs/outputs on my STR-DA90ESG.
>
> All are routed thru DXS now, and work great.
>
> Sinan
I have no idea what SPDIF stands for, but it's true that the solution is not
universal, and I didn't say it was. For one thing, I doubt one could exceed
3 changers, as the 333ES would no longer be able to discriminate among them
based on the CD channel. But for those of us would prefer to save $500 for a
glorified switch, and have relatively modest needs (in my case, a DSS, DVD,
and 3 changers), the 333ES works superlatively, and come with a 5-year
warranty to boot.
--
Tresy Kilbourne
Seattle WA