[slinkelist] Trying to understand cross-fading requirements

Ken Geoffrion kgeoffrion@hotmail.com
Tue, 04 Jan 2000 22:23:11 PST

Andy,

I have a Sony CDP-CX260 (slave) and a CDP-CX350 (master).  I usually use
playlists that I've built for different types of music and I have CDJ
alternate between players.  But I also use it manually to play either albums
or specific tracks without any problems.

Once in awhile, CDJ gets mixed up and whenever I click on either an album or
a track it just sends a series of Stop commands to the players.  In this
case it doesn't matter which player I'm telling it to use.  This also seems
to be random.

Ken

----Original Message Follows----
From: AndyStein@aol.com
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: Re: [slinkelist] Trying to understand cross-fading requirements
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 23:30:25 EST

     What players are you using? When I attempt to use CDJ to run my players
in master-slave mode (a 270 controlling a 250 and a 90ES controlling a 225),
the master player overrides any selection I make on the slave with CDJ.
About one per cent of the time, I manage to play a track from a slave player
with CDJ, but I cannot explain why it works.  It seems random.

     David and Colby, is there a chance that you might build a few of the
circuits you have posted on your site? I would like to control three pairs
of Sony players from Slink-e and CDJ, so, from what I understand, the
circuit needs a slight modification.

     Thank you.

     Andrew