[slinkelist] Re: CDJ close and wake up

Andre.Nijhuis@tntpost.com Andre.Nijhuis@tntpost.com
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 01:32:14 +0100

Fascinating

I have asked the question about starting and stopping the CD players quite a
while ago.
I didn't get any response so I also believed it was not possible and I created
all kinds of hardware solutions to solve the issue (never really satisfying).
Now I have learned that just with the command "sleepawakentoggle" you can
actually stop and start the CD players.
Thanks very much Ken.
Having learned this, I have another question. I see that one could actually
create an own toolbar. Would it be possible to create an icon with the command
"sleepawakentoggle" in this customized toolbar?
So far I haven't been able to find out how to create an own icon wih its own
command.
CDJ keeps on amazing me as a wonderful tool.

Just as a interesting story.
I heard on the radio a few days ago that a student on a technical University in
the Netherlands (similat institute as MIT Boston) had graduated by "inventing" a
tool that could play selections of a few hundred CD's by only taken the tracks
that were "easy listening", "hardrock" or whatever, as long as one would have
identified each track of every CD.
I would think a case of re-inventing the wheel and still getting credit for it
!!!

Message: 5