[slinkelist] re: ScreenSaver

keith alexander alexanders@rocketmail.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 06:36:19 -0800 (PST)

Sorry,  perhaps doc would have helped....
Premise is a constantly running interface on my TV.
In my case I have OLD ATI ALLINWonder, REALMagic DVD,
CDJ, and the cool VNC (thanks for the tip folks (I am
working on a cheesy streaming audio app using
Microsoft's soulWare (free but for your soul) so I can
get the audio to my remote machines)
I am using an all for 1 7inOne remote (best bang for
the buck) the screen saver is all controlled by this,
I have set the DVD key to an AKAI VCR (code 0041)
Codes are in the included cde file.
The following commands are supported
MENU pops a playlist list (this was done with the
bound directory control from VB with a filter set to
PLA
Arrows Navigate the playlist
FF: Next item in playlist
RR: Previous item in playlist
Select: choose playlist from popup
stop: cease
exit: this is a toggle that minimizes the CDSaver and
gives focus to REALMagic player, and passes the remote
commands to REALMagic.

There is no error checking, no way to get out, or
keyboard mapping, but that would be easy enough.  This
is just some starting points one might find useful.
BTW I have created a mini menu screen for it that
basically gives all the CD covers, and navigation
fromthe remote arrows.

CDJ request:  Is there a way to put CDJ in "sleep
mode" so it stops trying to S-Link the CD player
whenit is off?
--- mkloss <mkloss@gateway.net> wrote:
> Can you post some more info...  How do you pull up>
playlists, do the
> next/previous, etc.  Nothing seems to happen
besides> the colors and fading.
> Thanks!  Mike>

=====
Keith Alexander