[slinkelist] Is there any chance of Firecracker support?

Brian L Hunt bhunt01@ibm.net
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 10:48:56 -0800

David, the benefit of Firecracker support is that the device is a
passthrough device. The CM11a has no passthrough ports. Unless I am missing
the obvious this means that the user needs two serial ports (and potentially
a third for a modem to do the look-ups on CDDB) when using a CM11a plus
slink-e. Adding to the problem is the use of notebooks as a common machine
for slink-e control. Notebooks typically only have one physical serial port
so its CM11a or slink-e.

Perhaps other users of CM11a might comment on how they are dealing with the
serial port requirements?

Brian