[slinkelist] Is there any chance of Firecracker support?

Scott Specker sgspecker@home.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:04:55 -0600

Maybe a future version of the Slink-e hardware could contain a serial port
"output". It could be used as a pass-through or controlled by CDJ for
sending messages to stereo components that can be controlled by RS232.

Another option would be for future versions to use USB rather than serial
ports.

Just some thoughts ...

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Brian L Hunt
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2000 12:49 PM
To: David Aue; Jay Pfaffman
Cc: cboles@nirvis.com; slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: RE: [slinkelist] Is there any chance of Firecracker support?

David, the benefit of Firecracker support is that the device is a
passthrough device. The CM11a has no passthrough ports. Unless I am missing
the obvious this means that the user needs two serial ports (and potentially
a third for a modem to do the look-ups on CDDB) when using a CM11a plus
slink-e. Adding to the problem is the use of notebooks as a common machine
for slink-e control. Notebooks typically only have one physical serial port
so its CM11a or slink-e.

Perhaps other users of CM11a might comment on how they are dealing with the
serial port requirements?

Brian