[slinkelist] 'WHY'2K

Bill Sobel bsobel@vipmail.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:03:59 -0800

I realize this is offtopic, I won't bother reputing all the points that
Michael made.  Most of them are wrong (especially the 'kernel' comment), the
ones that aren't wrong show a complete lack of understanding of the feature
set (e.g. disk quotas)

I've run W2K since the first beta's.  This is the most stable *MS* operating
system I've ever had, period.  I've had two crashes during the beta, both
were beta drivers.  My home server only was rebooted to put new builds on,
other than upgrades it's been up for over a year now.  I *never* could say
that about NT4 (let alone W98).

Im not comparing it against Linux, Solaris, etc.  But if you need to run W32
(and if your on this list, you likely do for Slinke) then upgrade.

Bill