[slinkelist] Some questions/thoughts...

Kurt Albershardt kurt@nv.net
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:06:06 -0800

At 09:46 AM 1/25/00 , David Ness wrote:
>Other products, WinGate is an example, would allow the CDJ on the
>`HiFi Machine' to use my LAN to reach out to the Net. However, this
>class of product has proven, in my experience, to be easily open to
>outside intrusion and thus _very_ dangerous to run, and as a result
>isn't a practical _solution_ either.

Have you considered a SonicWall?  We have about a dozen of the scattered about the country and have had very good luck with them, both in SOHO and larger sites.

The only down side is that the smallest one (which NATs and proxies for 10 machines) is about $390 on the street.

http://www.sonicwall.com/