[slinkelist] cross fadecdp/ MP3/sound card/cx 450

Peter Myers mypeter@bigfoot.com
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 13:11:02 -0700

I just hooked up a 450 (I already had two 350's) and a passive mixer (the
one on the nirvis website) and am using cross fade for the first time.  One
thing I've noticed is that if I explode a disc in the playlist, so it is
playing all tracks sequetially, that when it reaches the end of a track, it
fades down.  The problem is that it doesn't fade back up.  Is there a way to
set it to disable fade/cross fade when not transitioning between players?
I'm using 6/12/00 on a 98se machine.

I haven't hooked my sound card to the stereo yet, but how does it handle
crossfades? I know it doesn't fade but how does it handle the overlap?

Is there a way to set which sound card the cdj mp3 player uses?  I'd like to
set up a second card (with dig out) for mp3 playback, but don't want my
windows sounds to also be broadcast throughout the house (but do want them
at my desk).

Any recommendations for a quality sound card with dig out (optical or coax)
other than the out of my budget RME?

Also, has anyone witnessed any anomalies with the 450?  Mine periodically
(every ten minutes or so or longer sometimes) emits a noise (like a little
motor or something) for three to five seconds.  It seems to work great
otherwise.

Thanks, Pete