[slinkelist] Controlling Sony DVP-C670 DVD

Colby Boles cboles@nirvis.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:45:35 -0700

I don't think you will have any luck with this. This is the same scenarion
as the US 5 and 200 discs models. To quote a page from our website:

The CX850D is not supported by CDJ because this player was apparently
designed to only use its Control-A1 port for communications to a slave
changer and cannot itself be controlled via Control-A1 like the Sony CD
changers can. Control-S communications with the CX850D are still possible
using the Slink-e, but this is a one-way form of communication and would
preclude CDJ from supporting key features for this player, such as automatic
disc identification and accurate playlist control. We are considering using
CDJ as a mechanism to simply begin the playback of DVDs on the CX850D, but
it is not be possible to add support beyond this level.

Colby